Adobe Acrobat getAnnots Vulnerability
Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader are ubiquitous applications for viewing PDF (Portable Document Format) documents.
- nPage: A 0-based page number that specifies from which page to get Annots.
- nSortBy: A sort method applied to the array.
- bReverse: If true, causes the array to be reverse sorted.
- nFilterBy: Gets only those annotations that satisfy certain criteria.
The vulnerability has been assigned as CVE-2009-1492.SonicWALL has released a IPS signature to detect and block specific exploitation attempts targeting this vulnerability. The signature is listed bellow:
- 5503 - Adobe Reader getAnnots Method Memory Corruption Attempt